edit: Where I am it is still the 31st, 5pm
To be honest I was starting to get sick of all the memes, status, and articles about how shit 2016 has been. I am not about to deny the fact that horrible things have happened. They have and I remember that I have been horrified, scared and saddened more than once this year.
However, I feel that the main thing that was wrong this year, compared to the ones preceding it, is the way the media sensationalized every bad thing, every crime, and every negative opinion.
I am not about to share my opinions on how the media functions or on what is going on in the political world because I honestly feel very ignorant on both fronts. Still, I wanted to express my frustration with this trend of bashing 2016! I don’t think any year is perfect, wars and revolutions and poverty have been going on for years and years however where there is bad, you can find good even on a small level.
Thus, originally I wanted to make my own little list of the good things that had happened in the world in 2016 (there are plenty!) but realized many people had the same idea as me (which is great!).
So instead I am just going to share three articles that list some of the good that 2016 provided. One I really like because it not only lists 99 Good Things That Happened in 2016 but also backs every point with an article, in order to look deeper into that positive matter. I didn’t see the point in repeating or copying what many other people have started to do, however, I am happy to point them out.
- Amazing list of ‘Good Things’ that happened in 2016 delighted the internet
- The 99 best things that happened in 2016, from Ebola’s eradication in West Africa to saving the manatees (Btw the frustration with that list is real when it is only 99 things and it could have been a 100 haha!)
- And Matt Strange’s post with whom I share some of the feelings he expressed o
Right, Fuck it, I’m done with ‘OMG 2016 was terrible’, here’s some fucking awesome things that happened, you’re welcome, Merry fucking Christmas
take some time to look at the fucking good and beauty in this world, good shit is happening, learn it, support it, be part of it.
I just started this blog (still don’t know why btw) so not many people follow it. However, those that do or you, new reader, I would like to ask you to name a good thing that happened to you this year.
I refuse to believe that so many people experienced such bad 12months. I personally started this year with some serious money issues, a lot of stress regarding graduation, and without going so far as to say I experienced a certain level of depression, I know I have felt very unhappy for long periods at times where I didn’t want to do anything but hide in my room.
But here I am on the 31st of December 2016 and I can say this:
- This year was significantly better than 2015 for me. I have had the luck to start it living in what had been my dream location for the past 5 to 6 years. Beautiful and sunny Australia.
- I think I got very confused this year and I have let myself feel these things which I am grateful for because I feel that I got to know myself on a deeper level. (Still confused tho haha)
- I have traveled a lot, I have met beautiful and loving people and I came back to another bunch of great people giving me the great joy of still making me feel like I have a home.
- I have taken more risks. I am terrified of what is to come but I have no regrets. 2016 has given me a lot of excitement and paved the way to more of it in 2017.
So what about you? What are some positive things you will take away from this year?
And also: What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?
HAPPY NEW YEAR
I am sending loads of positive vibes your way!